Welcome to my latest obsession! The ultimate dessert, my Choc-Peanut Butter Banana Bites! Maybe you’re a peanut butter lover like me, who also loves chocolate and lives for bananas! But have you combined them to create the ultimate dessert?
These chocolate coated bananas are a delicious treat, you must try them.
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts (raw or roasted but I prefer roasted for this)
- 1 block dark chocolate (I used 70% Lindt chocolate)
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (my favourite is Pic’s Crunchy Peanut Butter – use as much or as little as you like)
- Peel and cut bananas into half or thirds
- Roughly chop peanuts and set aside
- Spread peanut butter of sliced banana
- Dip the peanut butter coated side of the banana into the chopped peanuts
- Melt the dark chocolate (I use a double boiler method for this) You could add a small amount of coconut oil (approx 1/2-1 tsp) to thin out the chocolate if needed.
- Carefully dip the bananas into the melted chocolate ensuring to cover the entire banana (be careful not to burn your fingers as the melted chocolate will likely be hot)
- Set the bananas aside to set in the fridge
- Store in the fridge or freezer for a creamier texture!