Paleo Pancakes with just 3 ingredients! Couldn’t get much easier than that. Well, the fourth ingredient is optional and I think makes it even more delicious – cinnamon. Which is also fantastic for balancing blood sugar levels.
Now for the recipe, the closest thing to (healthy) cake for breakfast if you ask me.
- 1 organic egg (beaten)
- 1 banana (mashed)
- 1 TBSP almond meal
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil for cooking
- Combine all ingredients (apart from oil) to make the batter.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil on a pan
- Spoon pancake batter in and let cook on both sides (approx 3 minutes or until brown)
- Serve as is or with some fresh berries, chopped nuts, dollop of yoghurt / kefir and a sprinkle of cinnamon on top