Naturopathic Medicine Practitioner
Elise is a vibrant, caring and enthusiastic Naturopath, with a Bachelor of Health Science Naturopathy from the highly regarded Southern School of Natural Therapies (SSNT) in Victoria.
Elise is the Clinical Director at Bodhi Wellness and prior to opening the practice in 2011 she worked at various highly successful complementary medicine practices around Melbourne. She understands that being a skilled practitioner requires constant professional and personal development and not only receives regular mentoring from successful and experienced health practitioners but continues to enhance her knowledge base by attending professional seminars and conferences around Australia and internationally.
Elise’s unwavering passion for her industry and further research sees her currently studying to become a certified Functional Medicine Practitioner through the Institute for Functional Medicine. This commitment requires travel to USA in order to complete various modules of learning incorporating the latest in genetic science, systems biology as well as an understanding of how environmental and lifestyle factors influence the emergence and progression of disease.
She holds a professional membership with the Australian Natural Therapies Association (A.N.T.A.) and the National Herbalists Association of Australia (N.H.A.A) and is a member of the Institute for Functional Medicine.
Elise is registered with all major health funds allowing private health insurance rebates on consultations. Naturopathy supports and treats a vast range of conditions and Elise works effectively alongside other healthcare professionals to ensure the best possible outcomes for her patients. She treats both acute and chronic health conditions in people of all age groups.
Elise has a special interest in:
- Digestive dysfunction: Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Crohn’s, Colitis, Coeliac disease, identifying food intolerances and parasitic infections, unidentified digestive discomfort
- Stress and Mood disorders: insomnia, depression, anxiety, stress, fatigue
- Immune Function disorders: autoimmune disease, lowered immunity, recurring infections, hayfever/allergies
- Personalised Nutrition
She has great success and experience in treating and supporting:
- Digestive disorders, IBS, inflamatory bowel conditions (Crohn’s and Colitis), Fructose Malabsorption, constipation, diarrhoea, reflux, IBS, food intolerances
- Low energy/fatigue, anxiety, depression, insomnia
- Skin conditions including eczema and psoriasis
- Cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol
- Arthritis, pain conditions and inflammation
- Weight Loss
- Specialised detoxification programs
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and post viral infection
- Thyroid disorders (hypothy
- Children’s health disorders (including infants): eczema, allergies, poor immune function, behavioural issues
Elise provides an integrative approach to treatment, incorporating evidence based medicine with traditional naturopathic philosophy, to achieve optimal wellbeing and disease prevention. She sees her role as a Naturopath as one that assists and educates her patients to improve their health condition and identify key areas of concern. Elise draws on a range of diagnostic tests and utilises a diverse number of treatment options individualised for each patient.
These treatments may include:
- Nutritional medicine
- Western herbal medicine
- Diet/lifestyle coaching strategies
- Holistic counselling
- Body composition and cellular health testing via BioImpedence analysis (VLA program)
Elise has had further training in cellular health analysis and is a qualified VLA (Vitality Longevity and Anti ageing) practitioner. Using this training, she is able to perform a specialised Cellular Health Analysis which measures specific parameters of health and disease (body composition, toxicity, biological age, hydration, nutrient absorption etc) which enables her to devise individualised treatment plans for her patients.
Elise has unwavering passion and commitment to achieve excellence in her field, as well as dedication to inspire and support her patients to reach their full health potential. If you would like to discuss your health concerns with Elise and see how she may help you on your journey to wellness, contact her today.