Naturopathy is the practice of assessing, preventing and treating conditions of the human body and mind in order to provide the patient with optimal health, vitality and wellbeing.
By looking at the whole person and discovering the underlying imbalances and dysfunctions across all systems, Naturopathy assesses the true causes of poor health rather than simply focusing on suppressing symptoms.
“Naturopathy takes a holistic approach to your wellbeing”
Your Naturopathic Practitioner takes the time needed to assess all possible contributing factors to your condition. Whether they be lifestyle factors such as diet, exercise and sleep patterns, stress and hormonal impact as well as environmental and toxin burden.
Once a thorough case history has been taken, an individualized treatment plan can be put together addressing those imbalances which are specific to you and your condition.
As part of your treatment your practitioner may include:
- herbal medicine
- clinical nutrition
- diet and lifestyle prescriptions
One of the foundations of Naturopathy is the philosophy that the body has an incredible capacity for self-healing, an ability to establish, maintain, and restore health. Therefore the role of your Naturopath is to facilitate this process, identify and remove obstacles to health and recovery, and to establish optimal wellness on a mental, emotional and physical level.
By integrating conventional health sciences with a range of natural therapies and traditional medicines, Naturopathy provides a therapeutic treatment to achieve true wellbeing.
“Our bodies give us distress signals all the time. When we refuse to listen to these signals or suppress them with conventional medicine we fail to understand the needs they represent” – Elise Grauer
What Conditions Can Naturopathy Be Used For?
Naturopathic medicine is effective in treating both acute and chronic conditions across all age groups.
It is also highly beneficial as preventive medicine for well patients who are looking to maintain optimal health, vitality, and longevity.
- Digestive Disorders: IBS, bloating/flatulence, reflux, leaky gut, inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s, Ulcerative Colitis), bacterial, parasitic or fungal infections
- Food allergy / intolerance: Coeliac disease, fructose malabsorption, lactose intolerance
- Women’s Health: PMS, menopause, endometriosis, PCOS, menstrual irregularities, hormonal balance
- Men’s Health: infertility, libido, prostate problems, urinary tract problems
- Children’s Health: eczema, allergies, poor immune function, behavioural issues
- Mental /Emotional Health: stress, fatigue, depression, anxiety, insomnia and other stress related disorders
- Adrenal Fatigue
- Headaches / Migraines
- Cardiovascular Health: high blood pressure, cholesterol, poor circulation, diabetes and insulin resistance
- Infections and Immunity: colds/flu, glandular fever, hayfever, allergies
- Auto-immune Conditions: Grave’s disease (hyperthyroidism), Hashimoto’s (hypothyroidism), rheumatoid arthritis
- Skin Conditions: acne, eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis
- Musculoskeletal Conditions: osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia, osteoporosis
- Weight Management
- Healthy Ageing
“Awaken to true wellbeing and achieve positive long-term changes that will benefit your health for years to come!”