Remedial massage involves the use of massage to treat a variety of conditions predominantly affecting the musculoskeletal system. This can include injury, strain to muscles and tendons and may present as tension headaches, overuse syndromes, fibromyalgia, low back pain, sports injuries and more.
Key benefits of remedial massage include the stimulation of the blood supply to the muscles, improving the removal of toxins and repair of tissue; the calming of the peripheral nervous system to ease pain and discomfort; and the toning and relaxing of muscles to improve joint mobility.
At Bodhi Wellness our Remedial Massage Therapists are trained in a variety of safe and effective techniques to assist in treating your areas of discomfort, pain, stiffness or recovery from injury.
Some of the types of massage your therapist is qualified and experienced in include:
- Deep-Tissue Massage: one of the most effective soft-tissue therapies targeting the deeper muscles and provides longer-term relief and correction of muscle and other soft-tissue injuries. Great for pain relief and increasing range of movement.
- Sports Massage: addresses specific injuries and areas of weakness to reduce pain and restore function and mobility to injured areas.
- Lymphatic Massage: helps to improve immune function, enhances circulation, reduces fluid retention and aids detoxification. When performed by a qualified therapist, lymphatic drainage massage improves lymphatic flow and waste drainage from the lymph nodes. This is a great adjunct to any detoxification program
- Pregnancy Massage: supports relaxation and relieves muscular tension, back, hip, neck and shoulder pain that can often present during pregnancy. Pregnancy massage also helps to relieves headaches, fluid retention and leg cramps. Bodhi Wellness therapists use unique pregnancy pillows to ensure comfort and support for both mother and baby during treatment
All of Bodhi Wellness’ massage therapists hold the highest qualifications available in massage (Diploma of Remedial Massage) and can help you with:
- General tension / aches / pains
- Back and Neck Pain
- Headaches and Migraines
- Shoulder Problems such as rotator-cuff injuries and frozen shoulder
- Arthritis and Joint Problems
- Lymphoedema (fluid retention)
- Sporting Injuries – including rehabilitation and recovery
- Safe and effective Pregnancy Massage: relaxation, back pain, fluid retention