Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) is an ancient system of diagnosis and healing philosophy which dates back to China over 5000 years ago. It is a comprehensive and non-invasive health care system which is used to effectively diagnose, treat and prevent illness in the body.
According to the principles of TCM, a life-energy called Qi (pronounced chee) circulates in our bodies through an intricate web of energy pathways known as meridians. When these pathways are not functioning properly as a result of illness, poor diet or stress, the flow of Qi can weaken or become blocked. By regulating the flow of Qi, TCM treatment aims to adjust and harmonise Yin and Yang – cold and hot, wet and dry, inner and outer, body and mind. This restores the body to a state of balance and improved wellbeing.
There are certain traditional techniques which are used to diagnose and assess how well your body is functioning. These include pulse and tongue diagnosis which helps your practitioner identify energetic imbalances, blockages or weakness in certain organs in the body.
When it comes to Chinese Herbal Medicine, rather than using herbs individually, your practitioner utilizes the synergistic effects of herb combinations in formulas that have been developed in clinical practice over centuries. The efficacy of many of these well -known formulas have been confirmed by modern clinical research to ensure the value and safety today.
At Bodhi Wellness, Chinese Herbal Medicine and dietary therapy are often used in conjunction with acupuncture to achieve the best outcomes for each patient.
Acupuncture uses very fine needles which are carefully inserted into the skin at specific acupuncture points along the body’s meridians. These meridians act like an energetic map of your body and stimulation of various points along these pathways, aims to balance the flow of Qi.
Acupuncture has the following specific actions on the body and mind:
- It removes energy blockages
- Reduces pain and inflammation
- Initiates neurological, immunological, and endocrine responses
- Tonifies and strengthens blood and enhances oxygenation in tissues
- Raises natural endorphin levels
- Enhances mental clarity
- Adrenal Fatigue
- Relaxes muscles and ligaments
- Assists in the prevention of illness as well as maintenance of optimal wellbeing
Conditions acupuncture treats:
Today an increasing number of evidence based research trials have acknowledged the efficacy of acupuncture in treating a wide range of conditions. The World Health Organisation has published an extensive list of conditions that acupuncture has been shown to be useful in treating including some of the following which your Bodhi Wellness practitioner is experienced in:
- Women’s Health Conditions: hormonal problems, painful and irregular periods, menopausal symptoms, endometriosis, PCOS, fibroids
- Infertility and IVF Support: both male and female
- Pregnancy, Birth and Post-Natal Care
- Digestive Disorders: IBS, Crohn’s disease, colitis, IBD, constipation, reflux, indigestion.
- Headaches and migraines, neuralgia
- Musculoskeletal and Pain Conditions: back pain and sciatica, prolapsed disc, neck pain, strains, sprains, tennis elbow, sporting injuries, fibromyalgia, arthritis
- Sleep Problems: insomnia, restless leg syndrome, night sweats
- Meniere’s disease, tinnitus
- Immune Conditions: Allergies, hay fever, sinusitis, poor immunity
- Emotional and Mental Health: stress, anxiety, depression, post natal depression, fatigue, low energy
- General Wellbeing: regular acupuncture is excellent to help maintain wellness and to take a preventative approach to your health
- Healthy Ageing
At Bodhi Wellness, our Chinese Medicine Practitioner / Acupuncturist is highly qualified and registered with the Chinese Medicine Registration Board of Victoria (CMRBV) as well as being a registered acupuncturist